Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Do answer troubleshooting questions ..? I am reviewing how…

Customer Question
Do answer troubleshooting questions...

Do answer troubleshooting questions ..?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

I am reviewing how to fix a bobcat fuel problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat 741 serial 507-m-1219

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced: - fuel line into tank; cleaned tank; added new screen in tank / fuel line replaced all fuel lines added primer bulb replaced fuel filter assembly i can prime the fuel filter cannot seem to get primed from fuel injector pump to injectors there was corrisive metal clogging lines and lift pump ( cleaned lift pump )

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
i am seeing diesel leaking; I am not able to prime beyond injection pump.. not sure how to troubleshoot injection pump; not seeing fuel up to injectors; considering replacing injector tubes from injection pump to injectors; additional information: the fuel filter cap was clogged, the lift pump was clogged, the fuel line to the lift pump was clogged. replaced all of the above.
12/1/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What are the make and model of the engine?

Duetz 2 cylinderF2L511

Thank you for the response.

So I have this correct, I see all you replaced and cleaned.

You have fuel to the injection pump, but not out of the injector lines, is this correct?

ExactlyI have not changed anything from the injection pump forwardWhen priming. I see fuel up to inj pump. Not seeing anything when loosening inj pump bolts at inj pump tubes to injectors at top of engine
I worried that the lift pump is not sealing properly. I am worried fuel pump got a clog. I am worried inj tubes possibly cloggedDo u have any suggestionsWayne .. i responded via text .. did you receive

HI,

Sorry for the delay, my computer went down.

You mentioned you have a diesel fuel leak? where?