Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Bobcat T450. Arm lift is slow and sometimes stops…

Customer Question
I have a Bobcat...

I have a Bobcat T450. Arm lift is slow and sometimes stops after about 20-30 minutes of use. In the first 20-30 minutes it works fine. I have to move the joystick a little at a time to lift. The bucket tilt works just fine while the lift is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2015 T450 serial AVVP12397

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/21/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Anytime you have slow hydraulics and losses of hydraulic functions it is a potential flag for a pump or component failure or a control valve or relief valve cartridge problem. Check inside your filter and oil for any fine metal or debris that would confirm a component or pump failure occurring. Since this is only isolated to one particular function and all other functions I'm assuming operate normally, that narrows it down to more of a control valve spool or relief valve for that particular function malfunctioning. Check inside your control valve spool for any damage or debris as well as your relief valves for any damaged O-rings or debris that would cause them to malfunction. If all this is clean, have your pressures and flows tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications for further troubleshooting. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Do you have any diagrams showing me which parts to check?

I do not but you can access the parts diagrams by your serial number and model number here to use as reference and part locations, etc..

https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser