Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My EX200-2 excavator's has no hydraulic power and a load on…

Customer Question
Hi my EX200-2 excavator's...

Hi my EX200-2 excavator's has no hydraulic power and a load on the motor and won't rev then did for 10 minutes and ran perfectly but died again blowing black smoke as well I've replaced the 2 censor on top of the hydraulic pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

No only revs to low power and blows heap's of black smoke

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had your EX200-2?

3 years

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

If I try to track the Rev's come up also if I use the dipper arm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

If I track the machine would slow until I slued a little

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
What is a DP censor
11/13/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Since you are getting black smoke and it sounds like the engines under a load, you could have a potential pump problem in the hydraulic system or other hydraulic system problem putting the engine under a load causing the black smoke. You could also have the fuel injection problem as well as a turbocharger problem. Check the air intake restrictions and inspect your turbocharger to be sure it is free from damage and spins freely when removing the intake boot off of the turbo and the engine off spinning it by hand. If the turbo was okay, check your fuel system for any leaks or restrictions between the fuel tank and the pump to verify that everything within your fuel system is functioning properly. If that is okay, check inside your hydraulic filter for fine metal or debris which would flag a potential hydraulic pump or component failure occurring. If clean, have your hydraulic pressures and flows tested to confirm or verify whether or not they are within factory specifications for your machine. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

The engine and turbo are fine . No metal from pump There is a differential pressure sensor that potentially could be the problem I've changed the 2 Sensors on top of the hydraulic pump which were leaking and cracked Prior to changing them the motor did run perfectly for 10 Minutes And when I did some work and put the hydraulics under load it failed again

If the new sensor failed from excessive pressure, is sounds more like the swash plate could be sticking within your pump causing the pump to go into full flow. It is best to have your pressures tested and flows tested to see what the actual pressures and flows are in comparison to the model and serial number service book for your machine. This will take out the guesswork from troubleshooting and parts changing unnecessarily.