Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 312 trackhoe, 95 mode, I believe. When I turn…

I have a cat...

I have a cat 312 trackhoe, 95 mode, I believe. When I turn the key on, the display lights up, then when I start it, display goes out, except for two icons, #13 AND #14 from display progam above. Machine works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

312a. 6gk01116

11/12/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

If the display panel is going out but the machine is still operating fine, this could either be a software related issue requiring a reflash and update of the software from the dealer or you have a problem with the monitor panel itself and is in need of replacement. I would try the reflash first before investing into a replacement panel. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Can the panel be tested?

If it has power and ground, and you are losing the display, you can try to reflash the software as well as thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins. If these things all check out okay, it pretty much narrows things down to a problem with the panel. There is no real test other than process and elimination to corner the panel as the problem if you exhausted all of her other possibilities and confirmed that it all checks out okay.

Dan, Technician