Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Caterpillar D3G LGP Dozer and the transmission

Customer Question
I have a Caterpillar...

I have a Caterpillar D3G LGP Dozer and the transmission light comes on in the dash and the machine stops. The light goes of after a few seconds and when shifted to neutral and back into forward or reverse the light goes off and you can travel again until light comes back on and stops machine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

You

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have changed the alternator think it was putting out low voltage to the end.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
How long does this take usuallyWho has hydraulic pump parts for a Hitachi EX60LC-3 Excavator hydraulic pump?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/19/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

You will need to open up a second request for your Hitachi question. We will cover your D3 dozer here. Site rules that there is one problem or question per post to be fair to the professionals that may not have experience on both machines and that professionals can only get credited once per question.

Start by checking your oil level and condition. Look for dark or discolored oil as well as any burnt smell of the oil. Look inside your filter and suction screen for any signs of metal or debris that would flag an internal mechanical component failure or problem that would require disassembly for further inspection for repair or rebuild. If this is clean, you want to take the next step to have all your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications for your model and serial number machine. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Is this the response on the hydraulic pump issue?

This response is for the first question you asked with this post for your D3 dozer. I would open the second question for your Hitachi machine.

This is some type of electrical issue. All filters, oil and pressure good. The vibration of the machine is causing this I’m think. Before changing the alternator you could shake the Blake and cause the light to come and buzzer sound without moving machine.
Start by checking your batteries and charging system to be sure it all tests within specifications. Look for any corrosion or damage in the wiring or connector pins and be sure to check all ground connections...