Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Ive a D6M dozer. CATERPILLAR. One of the track wouldn't

Good day . Ive...

Good day . Ive a D6M dozer .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

CATERPILLAR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

One of the track wouldn't allow the dozer to allow taking a left cut .It also wouldn't reverse .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

First he sure to check all your fuses and relays. This all checks out good, verified power to your ship solenoids going to the transmission as you should have power to engage two solenoids in each gear position. If you are missing power to a solenoid or if you confirm that you have a failed solenoid, this can cause similar symptoms like you are experiencing. If everything electrical checks out good and you have swapped solenoids to see if the problem moves to another gear position, or have confirmed that everything electrical is functioning properly, check the oil level and condition for any signs of internal mechanical failure occurring. Check your section screen and filter for any metal or debris that would confirm a failure occurring. If this is clean and your oil level is okay , It I recommend having your pressures tested and confirmed they are within factory specifications. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Thanks . Ill do what you've recommended and revert
Sounds good and it's a pleasure to help.
Dan, Technician
Hi Dan,
My mechanic informed me that the CAT D6M dozer is fully mechanical .
No solenoid ,no fuses .

Hi, Sorry about that. I was mobile and was thinking about the R series for some reason. Click these links. Still the same troubleshooting except for the electical.Check the linkage and the control valve spools for debris and damage as well as the relief cartridge in the control valve. Have your pressures tested and verified if within specs per your serial number service book.