Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Terex 760 that the engine loads up and will stall.

Customer Question
I does it at idle...
I have a Terex 760 that the engine loads up and will stall. I does it at idle or if operating the machine. If you pull the lever to boom the backhoe attachment up it relieves the pressure on the engine. I’m thinking maybe a pressure relief valve but not much of a hydraulic mechanic.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/26/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

Thoroughly inspect your control valve spools to verify whether or not they are sticking causing a function to partially stick or stay engaged. Also check your relief valve cartridges for any metal or debris that would cause them to malfunction as well as any return circuit restrictions. Inspect inside your hydraulic filter for any metal or debris that would confirm a potential pump or component failure occurring. In most cases it will look like the litter in the oil and filter if present. If this is clean however, you will want to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications according to your model and serial number service manual. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.