Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hyd issue on kubota LA1153S #C8728 Bucket curls down good…

Customer Question
hyd issue on kubota LA1153S...
hyd issue on kubota LA1153S #C8728
Bucket curls down good but up... the ram moves about 4 - 6 inches and no more. swapped hoses and symptom transferrs. swap bucket curl with boom and bucket works problem goes to boom. Getting return oil from cyl to valve at the valve... also getting press out up and down ports from valve when operate valve to bucket curl, only one port when bucket down. Diagnosed faulty valve... install new 1300.00 valve and guess what... same problem. Any suggestions
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
no response...?
Answered in 1 day by:
9/26/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Hey Dan, my original inspect and diag on this trctr started with verifying obvious stuff with cyl, packing, seals etc. Realized there was no return flow off the cyl when making bucket curl... backed up all the way to the control valve and removed "down" hose from valve to verify return oil from the cyl when up was pressurized. Did get return flow... but I also got fluid from both ports off the valve. Seems to be a bypass happening in the valve... so I swapped the hoses from boom up/down and bucket up/down. Bucket worked fine on boom controls and problem transferred to boom working off bucket control spool as expected. So advised customer to get new valve as he was following along and helping... he was of same mindset after we ran thru the problem. Well, he gets valve and installs himself... calls me up to say same issue. I had mentioned the quick connects during this process but after getting return flow at the valve... dismissed that as the problem.

Thank you for the update. Can see why you're scratching your head on this one. Especially with a completely different control valve. I would have isolated it down to the control valve for the cylinder seals bypassing and not being able to carry a load. Now if this only occurs in one direction, I have seen a cylinder piston mounting nut loosen from the rod. When this happens, when you are pushing on the side of the piston to extend the rod, that connection seals and function works, but when you try to retract the rod into the barrel pressurizing the gland or rod side of the cylinder, the piston moves away from the rod resulting from the loose nut which allows bypass and that one direction. I do not have the diagram in front of me at the moment but it is accessible by clicking this link below to access the full parts diagrams for your model and serial number to use as reference on the hydraulic system components during troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I do not have a hydraulic schematic to offer. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Click below.

PARTS

Sorry for the late rate... the curl system from the valve out works correctly as I had curl system and boom systems swapped... curled up/dwn completely working off of the boom spools. Have not actually gotten back to trctr yet... been sorting thru it on phone with owner... guess I'm going to have to put hands on again. Can I still bounce this off you at that time?

Thanks for the update. We can follow up as needed. No worries.