Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat 331g. boom is very slow to lift. if you trigger the…

Customer Question
Bobcat 331g. boom is...

Bobcat 331g. boom is very slow to lift. if you trigger the thumb, the stick or the blade, the boom lifts at proper speed. acts like there is a flow issue until you operate a different item, then the boom lifts properly, (while the other item valve is open) close the other items' valve, and the boom goes back to almost dead and won't lift.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

331g###-##-####

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/23/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Looking forward to it.
I have a couple ideas we can talk about.
U can also feel free to call if u like.
BOSS-HOSSMy name is*****

Excavator hydraulic systems operate on two pump flow to allow multiple functions to operate at one time. Each track as well as your functions are split between the two pumps. Any time you have a situation where you have to operate another function to get the other pump to stroke into full flow to assist another function to operate is potentially an indication of a pump problem. First inspect inside your hydraulic filter for fine metal or debris that would confirm a pump or component failure occurring. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter if present. If clean however, have your pressures tested and confirmed whether they are within factory specifications per your model and serial number service manual. Also check your control valve spools and relief valve cartridges for any damage or debris that would cause them to malfunction as well as any damaged O-rings, etc. it is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I was headed towards the possible pump failure and will be investigating it more tomorrow.
I may be getting back to you with questions thank you for your input.
BOSS-HOSS

Pleasure to help.

Thank you
BOSS-HOSS

Anytime.