Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 416 backhoe Loader won’t raise with little weight in it…

Customer Question
Cat 416 backhoe Loader...

Cat 416 backhoe Loader won’t raise with little weight in it but if you move backhoe outrigger it will raise with a lot of weight in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

I asked a question

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filters

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Any help
9/24/2019
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, please ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

This is a common complaint when the resolvers seals are failing. You loader valve has primary and secondary resolvers for each valve section and one secondary resolver for the inlet section to control steering load signal.

I would recommend you see your CAT dealer and order the seals, back rings and a few resolver check balls to replace the failing seals in your valve. The job can be done in-frame but, may be easier with the valve removed and on a bench.

Just drain the oil from the hydraulic tank and remove the loader linkage. The lower the valve out the bottom.

I did one last week and it only took a day.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.
If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.
Thanks again, Don
CATMASTERTECH