Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have bobcat skid steer 763H. Is there a way to decrease…

Customer Question
I have bobcat skid...

I have bobcat skid steer 763H. Is there a way to decrease hydraulic pressure to allow easier connecting of hydraulic hoses. #

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The model is 763H. #5122189 may be the serial number.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am doing this myself. I have moved the thumb controls and the arm controls before & after shutting down, I have used a tool to release pressure on the male connector, and used a screwdriver to try to depress the center portion of the female connector. Would it work if I had a free male connector and pushed that in to release the female line pressure? Are you aware of any tool that would fit the large female connector on the left hand side of the bobcat to release the female pressure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am very frustrated not being able to hydraulically attach bucket and snowplow. Are these fittings metric or sae sizes. I’m planning on getting offset wrenches; any recommendations on manufacturer of wrenches for this?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/23/2019
Mechanic: Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot replied 3 years ago
Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.
When you have some free time I would like to discuss this further with you. Thanks
I have some free time now with this work?I will call you tomorrow morning
Okay tomorrow morning sounds Good. Thanks

I tried the phone number but it was unsuccessful oh please call or text my phone number isl7************* await your call thank you

Okay, I won’t be available again until this evening. Does that work for you?
Not really now would be the best time
Okay I’ll opt out so someone else can assist. Good luck
I'll wait for someone else's calling
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I can not do calls,someone else may.

Snap-on sells the best offset wrenches, I have the full set, 1/4 to 1 1/16"

The couplers are Standard SAE threads.

As far as the pressure install a knife valve behind the coupler, and shut the fluid off to release the pressure.

I hope this helps you.