Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need to loosen off the track tension on a 2005 Ingersol…

I need to loosen...

I need to loosen off the track tension on a 2005 Ingersol Rand/Bobcat ZX125 Excavator. I have not found a bleed plug and the grease nipple is not removable. I have taken the front part of the 90 degree nipple off and no grease comes out. I have a service manual but it shows a different system than my machine has. Have you ever worked on one of these?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ingersol Rand ZX 125, Ser# *****

9/19/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

If you look at the side of the track frame where that square hole is, you can access 36 and 37 which in turn when you pump it full of grease pushes the piston out on numbers three and seven teen. If you loosen 36 and 37 you will allow the grease to come out and ultimately retracting the front idle or which also may need a little help pushing it in to allow the grease to come out and loosen the track. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Well I dug deeper into the hole around the grease fitting with a small screw driver cleaning out the hard dirt. Then I tried several extended sockets, the 15/16, fit and I was able to bleed down the grease. That being said there is no way of seeing anything in there as it is recessed way into the framework. Your information is the same as what I had already found. It is ultimately correct, it's just that the fitting is different than any shown in any of the manuals. If this question ever comes your way again, advise digging out all of the grease caked dirt around the grease fitting and it takes a 15/16 deep socket to loosen the plug. Thanks Jim

Thank you for the update Jim. I'm glad to hear that you get this resolved.

Hi Dan. I have another question in regards ***** ***** ZX125. I have the low hydraulic oil light staying on with the oil level in the center of the sight glass on the tank. So I tried to find the sender unit on the tank and in the repair manual, no success. Could you check your info and see if it is shown? Thanks Jim.
Hi thanks for the update. I recommend opening up a new request for a different problem as that is how the site tracks questions since the professionals can only get credited once per question and it also allows others to be able to search questions for a particular problem or issue when referencing in the future. Usually you will find the oil level sensor on the side of the hydraulic tank. If it is not visible on the side of the tank then go to the bobcat online parts catalog to utilize that to access your parts diagrams. If you need any further assistance with this please open up a new request and you can gladly request me in your post and I will be glad to help you out on my next available login.
Dan, Technician