Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

743 bobcat the flywheel bolts sheered off twice.. This is a…

743 bobcat the...

743 bobcat the flywheel bolts sheered off twice. . This is a used replacement engine that is slightly different but was supposed to be compatible .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat 743 serial ####-##-####501919999 model v1702-ba kubota engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the first time we removed the sheered bolts and replaced them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did not personally source the engine so I don't have the replacement engine info.

the replacement engine is a kubota v2203
9/5/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Give me a bit to pull up this file.

Thank you for waiting.

The issue is that the engine is for a Carrier reefer unit.

It does not withstand the stress and torque a skid steer put out.

I suggest getting OEM Kubota bolts Gr8 and use Red Loctite on the threads and torque to 105 Ft-Lbs.

I hope this helps you.

Wayne, Journeyman