Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Lull 8044c-42 will not move forward or reverse. 844c-42.

Customer Question
Lull 8044c-42 will not...

Lull 8044c-42 will not move forward or reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

844c-42

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

97w20p22-953

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
8/24/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Start by checking for proper operation of your shift controls to the transmission. Also check your parking brake switch and wiring to be sure it is functioning properly allowing the transmission to operate. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays. Check your oil level and condition for any signs of discolored oil or burnt smell that would indicate an internal problem occurring. Check your filter and suction screen for any signs of metal or debris that would also flag an internal mechanical problem that would require disassembly for further inspection for repair or rebuild. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.