Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2006 T190 skidsteer. When the key is turned on, all…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 T190...
I have a 2006 T190 skidsteer. When the key is turned on, all of the warning lights on the right display will come on. After the engine is started, the lights will not go out. I have checked the plug on the back of the display and it seems to be tight and in place. Can't find any wiring problems. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/19/2019
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, I assume you mean "all" of the warning lights on the right panel stay lit up, no? Does it affect the operation of the machine in any way?

All lights stay on. The machine operates as it should otherwise. I unplugged the console at stays lit up and the engine died. Plugged it back in and restarted the engine as usual.xx

Ok, that's a weird one, haven't really seen that before so I was curious myself. I will say this, all commands come from the main controller (computer) in the lower frame. The main controller sends and receives inputs from the processor inside the left panel in the cab. That processor controls all info for the left and right panel by either directing commands from the main controller or sending info back to the main controller. My point, if all the warning lights are staying lit up, yet the machine operates properly, and you're not getting three short beeps from the alarm, then you've either got a faulty main controller or a fault with either the left or right panel. Again, I can't say which because I've never seen that happen before and only a Bobcat tech could diagnose it as Bobcat software to plug into and diagnose the main controller as well as the other processors is proprietary to Bobcat techs only. Myself, as long as the machine is operating proper and you're not getting three beeps from the alarm, I'd carry on and run it. If there were anything wrong with the machine that would otherwise light up a warning light, like low engine oil pressure, the main controller would see that and sound three beeps of the alarm. About your only other option is to have a Bobcat tech plug into it and check it out.

If the engine should overheat, will the alarm sound 3 beeps also?

The way a Bobcat works, when you power up the machine to start it you should hear one long beep from the alarm, that's the main controller doing a self test of the BICS system, and it also tells you the alarm is working. If you are hearing that long beep from the alarm at power up then the main controller is working correctly as far as that process goes. If you're not getting that long beep, then either the alarm isn't working or, again, we're back to a fault with either main controller or a fault with the processor in the left panel. If you are hearing that long beep on power up, indicating the main controller is monitoring the system, then anything that goes wrong, engine overheat, low oil pressure, really a long list of faults that the main controller monitors, then you'd hear three short beeps from the alarm. If you ever hear those three short beeps, don't shut it down, don't do anything else, but stop right then and push and hold down the headlight button on the left panel, this will bring up the active code(s) that caused the alarm in the hour meter display. Bobcat machines only work with real time active (at that moment) faults and codes. Once you shut the machine off it wipes clean. But again, the only way to be certain with the problem you're having with your machine is to have a Bobcat tech check it out, they're the only one's that can diagnose your problem.

I’ll check it tomorrow morning and respond. Tks

No worries, I hope you get it sorted out