Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2000 case 590 super L series 2 backhoe. Up until…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 2000 case 590 super L series 2 backhoe. Up until today, it ran like a dream. Today it was running great then started running real rough and died. Like it ran out of fuel. It has plenty of fuel. I changed the fuel filter and still not starting. It will start with starting fluid. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2000 case 590 super L series 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Serial # JJG0285974

8/17/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Check between your fuel tank and your pump for any restrictions or leaks. Look for any dry rotted or cracked fuel lines by bending them to expose any cracks rubber lines. All of this checks okay, install a clear hose site glass on the suction side of the fuel system. Also install one on the return side. Look for air bubbles as it should be little to none. If this all checks okay, check inside the fuel filter for contamination of the fuel by dumping into a clean container. If you confirm good fuel supply, no contamination of fuel, in the fuel system is fully bled without aeration, verify the fuel shutoff solenoid is functioning properly. If all this is true including a properly working fuel shutoff solenoid but you determine that you have weak fuel delivery when cracking open your fuel lines, it's an indication of a worn out injection pump that is in need of rebuild a fuel injection shop. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Thank you. I’ll check those things today and let you know what I find.
Sounds great. Keep me posted and it's a pleasure to help.
You was exactly right. I had a cracked 1/2 fuel line right out of the tank sucking air. Thank you.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got this resolved.
Dan, Technician