Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1997 cat bsr excavator, aka grey market machine...I…

Customer Question
Hi Don, I...

Hi Don, I have a 1997 cat bsr excavator, aka grey market machine...I have a throttle control knob in the cab that stopped working completely. Even tho the machine still starts and runs i have no throttle control at all.. Plus the key will not shut off the machine...I can start the machine but cannot shut it off with the key in the ignition. Can you please help? Ken

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1997 cat bsr excavator. Serial# 9pr00285

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks : )

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/14/2019
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

First, try using the backup switches to see if the throttle control is working. If not, then look for fuses marked G/A or engine. It could be just a failed fuse.

What is a BSR? I am not familiar with this term. That serial number is ***** to a 313B excavator. Is this a custom product designed for a certain job?