Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 844C-42 Highlander Lull, the boom moves very slow…

Customer Question
I have a 844C-42 Highlander...
I have a 844C-42 Highlander Lull, the boom moves very slow to scope out and retract in as well as the frame tilt isn't working.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/13/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

Take a close look at the hydraulic oil and filter for any signs of fine metal or debris that would flag a potential pump or component failure occurring. Check the filter internally to inspect a sample. If clean, take a close look at the control valve and relief valve cartridges for any damaged O-rings or other debris that would cause either to malfunction. I recommend having your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Be sure to also check control valve spool and relief valve cartridges for any scoring on the machined surfaces that would cause them to stick. Check for free movement as well as any other damage.