Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 844C Lull, it booms out and in very slow and also…

Customer Question
I have a 844C...

I have a 844C Lull, it booms out and in very slow and also the frame tilt has stopped working. Sometimes once the machine has ran a couple hours everything will operate normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 844C-42 Highlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial # 01W21P22-3870

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm working on it myself

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/13/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Take a close look at the hydraulic oil and filter for any signs of fine metal or debris that would flag a potential pump or component failure occurring. Check the filter internally to inspect a sample. If clean, take a close look at the control valve and relief valve cartridges for any damaged O-rings or other debris that would cause either to malfunction. I recommend having your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.