Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My cat v80d forklift when I put it in gear won't move and…

Customer Question
My cat v80d forklift...

My cat v80d forklift when I put it in gear won't move and the steering wont turn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

V80e 40x2176

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked hydraulic lines Yes working on it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/13/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Check your oil condition and level for any signs of dark or discolored oil as well as for any metal or debris in your oil and filters that would indicate an internal mechanical failure or problem occurring that would require further disassembly for inspection for repair or rebuild. Check your gear shifter for proper operation as well. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays and any safety switches and wiring as well. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.