Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a New Holland C232 skid steer. I had a 3/4” hydraulic…

Customer Question
I have a New...

I have a New Holland C232 skid steer. I had a 3/4” hydraulic hose to right side final drive rupture and lost all hydraulic fluid. I replaced the hose and fluid, now the park brake light won’t go out until half throttle and when I throttle down it comes back on. I also get fault code 4431 solenoid is working. Could the valve be sticking or clogged ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some other hydraulic issues have arisen also the bucket doesn’t operate properly and the right track isn’t working.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
My wait time was said to be 8 minutes. That was 2 hours and 22 minutes ago!
8/12/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

NFM 410338

4431 ALL Park Brake Pressure Switch (Plausibility Check With Solenoid Valve)

Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins going to your part brake pressure switch and solenoid. Look for any corrosion or damage as well as any open circuits. It is possible that you have a faulty pressure switch as well. Check for any signs of metal or debris that would also indicate that you have a hydraulic pump or component mechanical failure occurring just to be on the safe side. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I am getting the park brake light to go out at half throttle. When the light goes out the boom works up and down properly and the left final drive also. Why won’t the bucket and the right final drive work ?
That would take some further troubleshooting to determine.I would check for any signs of metal in your hydraulic filter that would indicate a potential component or pump failure starting or occurring. I would also have your pressures tested to see if you have the proper pressure and flows per spec in the service manual for your machine.
No metal anywhere in hydraulics. Some controls work great and some not at all. I’ve checked, wiring, plugs,fuses, solenoids/valves and fluid at cylinders, all are good. I will try to have pressure checked also. Perplexed!
If it is isolated to certain functions then you will want to look in your main control valve and the fools for those functions as well as the relief valve cartridges for those functions.
I’m not sure what you meant by fools or where to find the relief valve cartridges.

That was supposed to be spools. The spools within the valves. Check them for any damage or scoring.