Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Bobcat 773, Itstarts and the bucket moves, but it…

Hi , we have...

Hi , we have a Bobcat 773 ,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Itstarts and the bucket moves , but it won’t go forward or backwards....any help is much appreciated. TG

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried replacing some fuses .....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all, thx

8/10/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

I am notat the job site now .

Have you checked for any fault codes from the machine controller? Some machines you can press the light switch to retrieve codes through the hour meter and then on the BICS controller machines you can count the flashes to get codes.

Im waiting for my partner to respond. Thx

Check inside the hydraulic filter line metal or debris. It will look like glitter in the filter and oil if present. This would indicate a hydraulic pump or component failure occurring if present. Also check if the bucket functions work and if you have lost all of your functions you may also want to check your pump drive coupling between the engine and hydraulic pumps to be sure it has not failed. If all of this checks good, have your pressures tested and confirmed whether they are within factory specifications according to your machines service book. Check all of your safety interlock wiring and switches as well. This would include your lap bar/seatbelt switch, seat switch, and door switch if equipped. Be sure to check all your fuses and relays as well. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician