Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

TL150 starts and runs for a couple of minutes. then it dies…

Customer Question
TL150 starts and runs...

TL150 starts and runs for a couple of minutes. then it dies and after a 30 to 60 seconds of cranking it will finally start and run for a minute and then repeat the cycle.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial is 21502800

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the water separator and fuel filter. blowed out the fuel line back to the tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of. i can not determine if it is fuel or electrical components that is the problem.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
8/2/2019
Mechanic: Ulyana-mod,
 replied 3 years ago
Ulyana-mod

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator. I apologize for the wait. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you! Ulyana~Moderator

Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Do you still need help with this?

i do. i have not done anything else to this unit since my original question.

Thank you for the Response.

Is this a John deere or Craftsman?

Gas or diesel?

TL 150 is a Takeuchi skid steer track loader with a diesel engine.

Thank you for that.

There are many listings for TL 150, that is why I better ask.

When this happens got to the fuel shut off solenoid at the side of the injector pump.

Test for 12+ volts.

If nothing no volts, check your oil pressure, you may have a low oil pressure

or a faulty oil pressure switch.

I hope this helps you.

thank you i will look into that tonight.

You're welcome.