Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a T300 Bobcat Skid Steer Track Loader. Model

Customer Question
###-##-#### The loader keeps locking...
I have a T300 Bobcat Skid Steer Track Loader. Model ###-##-#### The loader keeps locking up. I changed the fuses in the panel , even though none were blown. It was the cheapest thing I could do.
Bucket still all locked up. It shows no codes.
I'm not sure what to go after next.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/30/2019
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings. When you first power up the machine do you hear one long beep from the alarm?

If yes, when the loader locks up do you hear three short beeps from the alarm?

It kept being temperamental for the last few months. But in the last few days it would work just fine for a while and then just out of nowhere lock up the bucket tilt.

Ok, on a G series Bobcat, anytime you hear three short beeps from the alarm during operation, that's the main controller alerting you that it's seeing a fault in the systems it monitors, which is pretty much anything electrical on the machine.

What to do. Whenever you hear three short beeps from the alarm. Stop what you're doing, don't touch anything else, don't shut the machine down. Instead, immediately, push and hold down the headlight button, this will bring up the active code in the hour meter display for the fault that the main controller is seeing.

You have to do this as soon as you hear three short beeps. If you shut the machine down the main controller wipes clean and starts fresh the next time you power the machine up. Unlike automotive, Bobcat machines do not store fault codes, they only work with active/real time happening right now codes. Let me know what you find.

Thank you. That helps me lots. I did find a cracked bucket control sencer. I'm ordering a new one and see what happens with that. Thank you very much.

No problem, it's my pleasure, I just want to help get your machine sorted out.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I generally fix most anything on the farm. But I've never messed with a skid steer. So I'm in uncharted waters.

Well, you did good, that T300 G series is a good machine, has a good bit of a$$ to it as well. Just let me know what you find when you get back to it.