Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am considering purchasing a JD 710D backhoe. The engine is…

Customer Question
I am considering purchasing...

I am considering purchasing a JD 710D backhoe. The engine is running fine but the tractor will not move. The owner says he thinks it needs to have the hydraulic pump replaced. Are these backhoes run by hydrostatic transmission? Can you provide me with a range of what I would be looking at to repair this issue. Assume worst case for tranny rebuild/replace please. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JD 710D PIN T0710DD897126

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

This equipment is up for auction today and I am considering bidding on it. Thanks.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/27/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

The trans is a power shift 4 forward and 2 reverse.

What is most likely the issue is dirty oil and filter

along with the powershift solenoids.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks Wayne. However, I am looking for an estimate of what it would cost for major repair to this equipment. I cannot make a decision based on a best case scenario. I need to assume the worst.Roughly, what would it cost to get a rebuilt transmission for a JD 710D?Thanks in advance for your response.

thank you for the response.

Give me a bit to pull up this file.

OK

Thank you for waiting.

To rebuild your trans is approx $3-3800.00.

Plus Labor for about 10 hours.

Great. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.