Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

763 bobcat loader, the bucket will not lift or tilt &the…

Customer Question
763 bobcat loader, the...

763 bobcat loader, the bucket will not lift or tilt &the valve light doent stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

763,(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself just checked wires

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/18/2019
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Are you certain about that serial number? I'm thinking it might be###-##-####which would make it either a C series or F series 763. You stated the lift/tilt LED light on the BICS controller doesn't stay on. My next question, does it just stay dark or does it blink? Are there any of the other LED lights on the BICS controller either go off or blink when this happens?

You are right about the number and the light does blinck

Ok, but do the other LED lights stay lit up when the lift/tilt lock light goes dark?

They all stay on

Ok, that's not necessarily a good thing. The first generation BICS systems used on the C and F series machines was very basic, the later BICS system used on the G series was much more advanced, much like comparing OBD I to OBD II diagnostics is automotive, two totally different animals.

For clarity I'll go through the process and you can tell me if your machine does something different. You sit in the seat, turn on the ignition to power the machine up and you start the engine, the power light comes on at the BICS controller and the seat light (if equipped with seat switch) comes on. You drop the lap bar and the lap bar light comes on. All things are a go and you press the "push to operate" button on the left cab panel and at that point the traction light and the lift/tilt lights come on at the BICS panel. That's the way it should work.

In your case, all the above mentioned LED's are lit on the BICS panel except lift/tilt light, and it's not flashing, just dark. If it were flashing it would be indicating a fault that the BICS controller is seeing, shorted wire, faulty lift/tilt lock solenoid coil, something like that. But that's not the case if the light is dark. Likewise, if you were to raise up in the seat, break the seat switch, that would make the lift/tilt light go dark, but it would also make the traction light go dark as well as the seat switch light. Same applies to the light bar, if you were to raise the lap bar it would make that light go dark as well as traction and lift/tilt light. Additionally, if there were a fault with seat switch or lap bar switch you should see some LED flashing on the BICS controller. But you're seeing none of the above, just the lift/tilt light going dark.

I can't say for sure but it sounds like you have a faulty BICS controller. The bad part about that is that only a Bobcat tech can troubleshoot that as Bobcat has made that proprietary tools and software, only they have the capability of troubleshooting that system on their machines. But if all other lights are lit up, none are flashing, and the lift/tilt light goes dark, sure sounds like a faulty BICS controller. I'm afraid you're going to have to get with Bobcat about that one.