Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

773 bobcat lift and tilt work fine at idle but at full

Customer Question
773 bobcat lift and...

773 bobcat lift and tilt work fine at idle but at full throttle don’t work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

773 model###-##-#### G series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes looked at fuses

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/8/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Any codes logged?

First I recommend checking all of your fuses and relays. Use a voltage tester to test the top two metal tabs on the fuses for power on both sides with the ignition on and replace any with power only on one side. If okay, check for any fault codes that might also help narrow down your lift and tilt problem. Press the light switch and hold it to access your fault codes through the hour meter display. Troubleshoot each one of the fault codes individually. Thoroughly inspect your wiring to your lift and tilt actuators under the operators cab. It is not uncommon to find wiring that has rubbed through some of the wiring clamps, etc. it is also not uncommon for lift and tilt actuators to fail. I would also check your pump drive to be sure that your pumps are turning as they should at full RPM. Look for signs of metal or debris in the hydraulic filter that would indicate a potential internal mechanical pump or component problem occurring . If clean , I recommend having your hydraulic pressures tested as well and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications . It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.