Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I bought a 763 bobcat and it runs great but when you started…

I bought a 763 bobcat...
I bought a 763 bobcat and it runs great but when you started it wants to automatically pull to one side you always have to have one of the controls in your hand with pressure on it. What is the procedure to adjust so when I start the bobcat it does not move and everything is aligned correctly
7/6/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

Where is the serial number plate located

The serial number plate typically is located on the right-hand rear of the operators cab just below the lift arms.

Be sure to identify and repair any loose or worn out linkage to get the best and proper adjustment.

Raise the cab in the service position. Notice the two long link bars that connect the drive lever traverse rod to the pintle arms on the drive pumps. Notice about halfway of those two link bars are two 3/8 bolts/nuts in slotted holes. On the bar that operates the left drive lever put a sharpie mark on the bar about 1/8" from where the two bar halves join. Loosen the two bolts/nuts on the left drive bar. Now pull the left drive lever back until the mark you made on the front bar meets up with the rear bar, lock the bolts down. This will make the left drive lever pull the pintle arm on the pump an additional 1/8". Drive the machine and check if it now drives straight at full stick. If not, make additional adjustment.

Make a mark at (1) in the pic on front bar. Loosen bolts (2)

Dan, Technician