Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 277c skid steer that will not move forward.im

Customer Question
I have a 277c...

I have a 277c skid steer that will not move forward.im getting yellow exclamation point, need to no where to start troubleshooting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mod 277c ser cat277cctjwf01780

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we had an active code 1705 05 .we checked the wires going to the forward motor solenoid found them to be good replaced the solenoid and the machine drove for a minute before stopping again.some times stopping and starting may drive for a few seconds static forward before stopping will turn right and left and backward

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That it

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/4/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Check your safety interlock switches and wiring. Also check your joystick controller's and wiring harness for any damage or open circuits. Verify continuity and resistance through your wiring harness and connector pins to be sure everything is intact and checks out okay. Check all of your fuses and relays. If this all checks good, you may have a software related issue within the machine controller requiring a software update or reflash reset everything back to factory settings as well as a recalibration of all your controls to the machine controller. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

ok thank ill post back as I check thing thanks again

Sounds good. It's a pleasure to help.

Ok checked all that seems ok.before this happened we change ahose on the right side motor which run next to some wire going to that motor do you think some of the wire going to that motor could be our problem
Pump Forward Control Solenoid. If you've already replaced the solenoid, that leaves either a problem in the wiring harness with the wiring or connector pins, or a problem with the machine controller possibly. I would take it closer look at that circuit and test out the circuit with an ohmmeter for resistance and continuity to be sure that the wiring checks out good.