Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have replaced the traction lock solenoid but it is still…

Customer Question
I have replaced the...

I have replaced the traction lock solenoid but it is still locked in gear. Everything I read looks like it should be a ground wire problem. Where would I go from here?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat 763 serial number(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Remove the old traction lock solenoid and replaced with a new one from bobcat.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Just so you know I have also run an additional ground wire from The Ground Terminal on the battery to the common wire on the solenoid harness. I no longer get the 15-0 3 code but the tractor still will not move. The traction lock down and hit the green operator button

Check the parking brake override button, which only works when the seat bar is up. This is typically used when you have something like a backhoe attachment on the front of the machine etc.. With the seat bar up the lift/tilt won't function. This way, you can press the traction lock override and drive the machine from the backhoe seat with the seat bar up to make this work. Check to see if the override allows functions. Thoroughly inspect all of your safety interlock switches and wiring as well. If any of these are not engaging, it will not allow the controller to open up your functions for operation. If there is still a problem here, you could have a software related issue that would require you to have the Bobcat diagnostic software on a laptop connected further more in-depth diagnostics to be able to monitor live parameters and run any software updates needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Yeah. That's not it.