Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Doosan DX 350 excavator and the track tensioner…

We have a Doosan...

We have a Doosan DX 350 excavator and the track tensioner will not take grease. The idler can be moved in with the bucket, and the tensioner will move out with a heavy bar, but not accept grease to stay. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Great, we are out of ideas!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not yet...

We cannot receive texts, only email, or telephone
Our excavator is a 88,000 lb machineHow long does it take to get an answer?
I will check back tonight to see if there are any answers. 2 1/2 hours is long enough to wait when you lead us to believe there are mechanics right here, right now.
6/29/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

The idle or should not move in or out with the grease release fitting installed. If this is happening, it means that there is a problem such as your track adjuster seals have failed or there is a another failure with your track adjuster going on. The only time you should be able to move that in and out is when that fitting is loosened to allow Grease to escape. When that is tightened, you should only be able to fill the cavity full of grease to tighten your track tension. If it is not working, you are looking at splitting the track to remove your front idler assembly and track adjuster assembly for track adjuster reseal. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician