Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat 751 skid steer and it will move but

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat 751 skid steer and it will move but sometimes when I go to use the bucket the bucket will lock up and not move

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

751 F series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Customer:###-##-####is the serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes we replaced the traction override switch

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/24/2019
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, when you say the bucket will lock up and not move, is it just the bucket tilt that locks up? Or is it both bucket tilt and loader arm functions that lock up?

Both

Then it sounds like something is tripping the BICS lock valve on the main control valve. The F series machine is a bit basic with onboard diagnostics, but we should start there. The BICS controller should be located on the back wall of the cab to the right of the seat if you were sitting in the seat. When everything is working properly all the LED lights on the BICS controller will be lit up solid. At the moment you lift/tilt locks up, turn and check the LED lights on the BICS controller, see if any of the lights are either off or blinking. If one is blinking, that's a trouble code. Let me know what you find.