Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Deere 310SG that won't move forward or backwards. I…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 310SG that won't move forward or backwards. I have cleaned all electrical plug ins and cleaned the vent on the transmission. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model # JD 310SG Serial # TO310SG898097.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing myself. Took all electrical plugs a part and cleaned and cleaned trans vent.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes sometimes it will work moving backwards and forward then the next time it won't move.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/17/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Check your oil level and condition first. Look for dark or discolored oil and for any burnt smell the oil that would potentially flag and internal mechanical problem . Also look for metal or debris in the filter and oil that would confirm an internal mechanical problem occurring. If clean, it would not be a bad idea to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications. You would also move on to electrical system checks such as your parking brake switch and wiring, all of your fuses and relays should be checked, and check power in an out of your shift control in each gear position. Look for a transmission neutralizer circuit that is designed to neutralize the transmission when working in tight quarters either loading trucks or working close to buildings. Be sure of its proper operation. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.