Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The squeeze ball on my gas line keeps sucking in on itself…

Customer Question
The squeeze ball on...

The squeeze ball on my gas line keeps sucking in on itself and restricting the gas flow

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

751 bob cat with a Pugeo engine is it the # on the engine or how do i find it i am on a job site trying to get it fixed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Customer: The hydraulics for the auger just quit working

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/6/2019
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 3 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

I have to admit I haven't worked on a 751 Bobcat with a Peugeot engine, but I've worked on piles of other Bobcat models and one thing that is common with Bobcat machines is whenever the primer bulb gets sucked flat while you're operating the machine is something is clogging the strainer on the end of the fuel pick up tube inside the fuel tank. You have to pull the pick up tube out of the tank and clear the strainer. And myself, if I pull that tube I replace it with a new one from Bobcat because another common Bobcat problem is deterioration of the pick up tube and it breaks off inside the tank. Let me know what you find.