Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2006 new Holland ls 160 starts in service mode and not in…

Customer Question
2006 new Holland ls...

2006 new Holland ls 160 starts in service mode and not in run mode occasionally

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2006 new Holland ls 160 skid steer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced seat belt switch and that's it. Cluster is working and lights go off like they should.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

It turns over just wont start

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/13/2019
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 3 years ago
dd85
dd85, Technician

First I would check the Fuel solenoid on the injection pump.

Have someone sit in the seat buckle belt, turn key to on. Do you have 12 vdc at the shut off solenoid?

when you disconnect the wire does the solenoid "click" ?

Next would be check to see if theelectric fuel pump pumping.

is all of that bypassed when in service mode?

Yes in Service mode the fuel shut off solenoid and fuel pump should run with out someone in the seat.

when it doesn't start in Run position. does the seat belt light go off?

It could be the Interlock relay.see attached

Where is starter interlock relay located?
In the engine compartment left hand side covered with a black cover that's about 8 inches by 8 inches square one screw in the middle of the cover interlock would be on the left