Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a hitachi ex100-3 went to start it up and found no…

Customer Question
I have a hitachi...

I have a hitachi ex100-3 went to start it up and found no power to the instrument control panel checked fuses they were fine any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

Nothing is there’s no lights can’t throttle up none of the switch’s will work

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had your EX100-3?

2 years

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Hitachi product?

What do you mean

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
5/9/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Test all your fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch on and replace any fuses with power only on one side. For your relays, swap them one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. Test for actual voltage at the monitor panel to see if you have battery voltage and ground there but the monitor is non responsive. If that is the case it points more towards a faulty monitor panel. If there is no power or ground there, test further back in the ignition circuit and also check your battery relay back at your batteries. A faulty battery relay will prevent accessory power to the operators cab. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.