Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Flow indicator symbol on 299d2 xhp not presenting itself on…

Customer Question
Hi flow indicator symbol...

Hi flow indicator symbol on 299d2 xhp not presenting itself on screen when prompted to do so and am sure accompanied by lack of hi flow

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Caterpillar- 2017 299d2 xhp ser: last eight dx201998

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Lets go

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses, unplug replug connection to tool (cat masticating head 415)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That i would like to talk to someone who is familiar with this specific machine

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/28/2019
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat and work through this issue if you would like. All experts are not employees, we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

I work on these occasionally but, spend more time on large machines.

Did you review the setup in the owners manual?

Do you have an electrical connection for the work tool? Or the high flow jumper connector?

Does this machine have the Advanced Color Display? If so, did you check for diagnostic codes?

i hae a thousand hours on this machine and havent encountered this problem yet. yes electrical connection, color display, no codes

Ok, thanks. Check your cable for the work tool, you may not have a connection that tells the machine to allow high flow.

Please post the complete serial number of the CAT work tool and I will look for a related schematic to help you with locating this wire.