Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a V2203-M-DI-E2B-BC-3 on my Bobcat Skid steer. I have…

Customer Question
I have a V2203-M-DI-E2B-BC-3...

I have a V2203-M-DI-E2B-BC-3 on my Bobcat Skid steer. I have an intermittent low oil pressure issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat S130 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Maybe. The problem is after a couple hours of operation, oil pressure goes down to 6 psi. Your tech support told me to change out the ball, spring on the oil filter and it helped for about 5 hours.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have changed oil/filter. You could almost set your watch when it happens. If you stop the engine for a while, it works for about 30 minutes

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 4 days by:
4/30/2019
Mechanic: Ulyana-mod,
 replied 3 years ago
Ulyana-mod
Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator. I apologize for the wait. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you! Ulyana~Moderator
Mechanic: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Traige Tech replied 3 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Traige Tech

Hello and thank you for using Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The valve at the filter is a relief valve. This also has a regulator valve in the oil pump. I would first verify the pressure with a manual gauge. If it matches then I would advise to put in an oil pump, that being that the unit has not been ran on its side or on a really steep grade for an extended amount of time. Thank you.