Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Need a part number for a 1981 Deere 300BD front hydraulic…

Need a part number...

Need a part number for a 1981 John Deere 300BD front hydraulic pump metal line. It is NOT the P/N AT37736 listed in the John Deere parts catalog, which is 5" shorter that the one on my 300BD, Ray

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Is this a scam? Told I would be waiting 8 minutes and it’s been an hourThere are no related questions
4/24/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

Just Answer might prompt you for a phone call,

that request is not from me and is not necessary.

Give me a bit to pull up this file.

300bd does not come up in the file.

What is this ?

John Deere 300B backhoe / loader the D stands for diesel

Thank you.

but I just ordered from John Deere and the corresponding item $5 is part number (AT37736) which is 5" shorter than the one on my 300B5 that is

HI,

That is the correct P/N.

What is the length of your old line?

33"..... the new line is 28"Still there?

Yes, I must answer questions as they come in order.

I am Going to call JD to see what is going on, may take a bit.

Thank you for waiting.

I went thru 4 people.

What JD told me was some were missed labeled with the wrong P/N.

Or it was an aftermarket Part.

How was it packaged? There packing plastic bag is 35 1/2" long.

So you either received an aftermarket part or miss labeled.

Return the line for another.

I hope this helps you.

Wayne, Journeyman
I need a name and phone number for the person that you spoke with at John Deere so that I can order the correct part
Phone is(###) ###-####Thanks, ***** *****

I do not have a name.

John Deere Information Systems1400 13th Street
East Moline, IL###-##-####.S.A.1-***-***-****

Number not a good one... typed correctly?

click here.

Please give a call... JD says they do not handle any parts and were a little rude

Hi

It has been a while, I have been out of town for a Funeral.

How did it come packaged?

Mine came with just a tag wrapped around it. You mentioned that the JD rep said that it should come in a plastic bag about 35 1/2” long

Thank you for that.

I suggest to return it and ask for a different one.