Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat t190 no aux had functions. Give a min. T190

Bobcat t190 no aux...

Bobcat t190 no aux had functions

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Give a min

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

T190 /519315330

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Switches on right side handle work. both elec mag spools on Right side of inner frame work have power and movement / flow

4/4/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Be sure to check all of your fuses with the ignition on for power on both sides and replace any with power on only one side. Check all of your relays as well by swapping them one at a time with a known good one. Check your wiring harness and connector pins in your auxiliary circuit. Look for any corrosion or damage in the wiring. Test your AUX switch for continuity and resistance in both the open and closed positions. Verify power to control valve solenoid as well. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Did all u said before searching , also verfied ground and powered up both hyd solenoids that are not the aux flow controls ... NOTA ! I used 8.75 volt power source cause that is what seems to be correct for computer side functions ... all electro spools operate ... and flow ... either this machine is not making any aux hdy pressuer at all or there is a latching relay that i cant locate ? The aux button lites up ... both modes ... and the hand lever control switches work fine ...no trouble codes present ... charge pressure is fine i did not verify aux pressure ... it acts totally dead ... drive and loader are perfect ... it acts like closed center hyd when u have air ... just nothing there ... not even with open couplers ... barely a drip ... what am i missing ?
Call me on(###) ###-#### or give me your number and i will call u ... i dont mind paying if u can nail this ... we are a shop but not bobcat ...
t
Any thoughts on what im missing ?

I would check and verify your auxiliary pressure as well as power to the Aux control valve solenoid. If you do not have access to the parts manual you can access it online at the Bobcat online catalog. This is helpful identifying your valves and components as well as parts breakdowns. I am not available for a phone call but that doesn't mean that another professional may not be interested in taking your call on the site.

We worked on the unit all day today and no progress other then all the elec mag valve work properly ! No powet to PMW on left side of frame under seat

Keep in mind that the controller inputs and outputs if verified okay for each circuit, you could have a problem with the controller itself.

Where is the controler ? We hotted all the electro mag spools and still got no aux pressure ... seems electrical related

Controllers are usually mounted to the left-hand side of the wall next to your left foot behind a panel.

I really cant find much info on line
I need schematics or a bobcat person that knows them well , im an ihi and ventrac dealer and neither are computerized and its just outta my realm without the proper troubleshooting info ! There must before the variable elec spool that feeds the aux valve , it appears that in the center there is an aluminum block with an elec/mag spool that feeds a pilot circut in the main valve body that i think makes the aux oil avail then the 2 elec/mag valves on top of the valve body on right side in conjunction with the variable electro/mag spool on the left side valve operate the aux flow and control ? But if the controler can still keep it from having aux even after we jump all the elec spools then i either have a stuck spool ( machine gave no signs of this ... it was flawless days ago ... we changed a heat /ac blower motor and then this ... but i think that is coincidence ... we back tracked 4 times through everything we touched and made sure no wire issues ... only other thing i can add is that monday while i left the machine running to warm up for an hour ... it was bellowing smoke out of the cab from a seized blower motor ... no melted wires just a blown heater fuse ! And a fried motor ... are the controlers sensitive to this sort of thing ? I cant even find the controller ! Lol nothing on right or left side behind foot area ! Im lost Thanks tony

The controllers are sensitive to any sort of voltage spike or short in the system. It is basically like a computer. Also back probing power into different functions could backfeed in short out the computer/ controller as well. Welding on the machine without disconnecting the controller can also cause the controller to fail. Click below and enter your serial number for full parts diagram access to help with component locations.It is very likely that that electrical short caused a problem with the controller if all of your wiring checks out good. Bobcat dealerships have a laptop that they plug in to communicate with the machine controllers and that they are able to update any software. Most of the time they have a good controller that they use as a test controller to confirm a controller failure.

Parts

Dan, Technician
is there a way to re set the controller ? on many of our machines ( different brand ) the controller remains live on cap/batt even after machine Batt is disconnected , some we have to unplug at the controller and some we have to unplug and hot 1 pin to clear and re set , bobcat dealer here is a competitor of ours here and I can only asume that is why service is poor ,
hey , i just got off the phone with BOBCAT , according to them the controller on this unit has nothing to do with this issue , "if the the lights are on at the button and the 2 top spools get power from the right side cobra head and the the electro spools are cycling , and NO codes but if you hold the r side thumb switch one dirction or the other and push the aux button at the same time and a 12-23 code lights then that is the test for the switch and electric before the spool " ,,,, this one checks fine , , so bobcat said there is live pilot pressure at the solenoids and the main aux spool has to be "seized or stuck " now i have had this happen on many mini excavators and track loaders that are full wet pilot with no electro mag and no computer , so its pretty simple for us to pull the spool ( assuming it comes out without a fight ) thanks tonyk

Thank you for the update. Yes, That is the first thing I mentioned and repeated it in our conversation. If you have power and ground to the spool but it's not mechanically functioning( You would know by checking the pressure as I suggested), then there is a problem with the valve either the solenoid or the spool. Let me know the results. We only got into the controller conversation after we went over the most common or likely problem. The controller could lock out functions out of the safety interlock circuit but you would likely lose all of your functions if that were the case. Sorry for any confusion.

Yep no confusion ... just me over thinking this thing ... we have dealt with many spool issues here in the last 35 years , but to date none of our barand machines have a plug in computer pirt or are computerized at all , withbthe exception of digital ign and we have one gas powerd electrinic fuel injection engine equiped unit ... that honestly is a nightmare ! We do our own Sundsttrand / sauer danfoss and rex roth reman in house .... the Bobcat stuff is what we end up with on trade .... i prib have 7 units now ! They are kinda chitty chitty bang bang compared to what we sell ... except for my 518 telehandlwr which i love ( but its a manitoureally ) its funny cause we do spool repairs for other shops ! And i do national tech support for several manufactures .... but on this 190 we all assumed that ithball its electro mag stuff that one of them diverted power to aux ! I should know better then to assume ! Thank u tonykTypos are cause they jump the screen around so much as your prob a where of, sorry ... and for once Bobcat actually returned my call and provided great tech ... must have been our takeuchi rep making fun of them on line ! Idk T

I understand. It is a pleasure to help.