Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On the 279c caterpillar skid track I have a caution light…

On the 279c caterpillar...

On the 279c caterpillar skid track I have a caution light that flashes on the dash that will not go off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat oh to 79 c a l m b t 0 0 3 4 8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

we got this machine borrowed we've had it for a week and haven't done nothing with it is that work on it and we don't know what's wrong with it when other than off the machine off the trailer machine stopped working forward I found that problem fixed it and machine was working perfect and then I went to turn around and everything stopped nothing works now shut the engine running

When you try to release the parking brake after engaging the lap bar what indicators are flashing? Do you have a parking brake or a lap bar indicator flashing?Do you have access to Caterpillar ET diagnostic software? Also does this machine have the optional digital display where you can access fault codes? If not Caterpillar ET would be needed to communicate with the machine.

The C series skid steers have a single ECM that monitors and controls everything which makes it difficult with diagnostics if you do not have Caterpillar ET diagnostic software. Check all your fuses and relays. Also check all of your center lock safety switches and wiring for your lap bar, seat switch, and door switch if the quipped with thew door kit. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I don't have cat e.t hardware check the fuses wires everything but it still will not move a light will not stop flashingIs there any way to reset the computer

The only thing you can do is disconnect the batteries and then reconnect them to see if it resets on its own. Other than that you cannot do anything with this ECM without having Caterpillar ET diagnostic software connected unfortunately.

Dan, Technician
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Diagnostic Technician / Expert replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Diagnostic Technician / Expert
Phone call session started
Thank no a phonecall won't help me I have done everything you said before I called you thanks for trying to help me

I did not accept or request a call. That is auto generated by the website. No worries, disregard that. It did not come from me.