Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Hitachi EX 20 excavator and the auxilliary

Customer Question
I have a Hitachi...

I have a Hitachi EX 20 excavator and the auxilliary hydraulics seems to work one way but not the other. Possible that one direction is not shutting off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had the bidirectional valve overhauled that switches between the two accessories.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine will not start in one position of the valve. Starts in the other. Back pressure on the pump.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/25/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

It sounds like the valve is stuck or sticking for some reason. I would retrace your steps and double check that valve to be sure with 100% certainty that it is assembled correctly and all machined moving parts move freely without drag. Verify all seals and O-rings are intact and free from any damage as well as are all in their right locations. It is best for you to reference the parts breakdown of the valve. Look inside the filter for any signs of fine metal or debris that would flag or confirm an internal mechanical component failure occurring. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.