Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Komatsu wheel loader 180-1. replaced electric fuel pump

Customer Question
Komatsu wheel loader 180-1...

Komatsu wheel loader 180-1. replaced electric fuel pump control. working well but unable to select forward /reverse gears. appears to be a safety lockout in place. please explain?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Unable to supply as machine is in country location. Build year 1994.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just advice re system operation. I have an local auto electrician who installed but left before testing gear selection.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/19/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Test from voltage both in and out of the gear shift selector in each gear position. It is common over time for the contacts to wear within these gear shifts. If you have power in, but not out in different positions for each gear, it is an indication of a bad shift selector. Also thoroughly inspect the wiring between the shift selector and the transmission shift solenoids. Check for any damaged wiring or connector pins as well as for any open circuits when testing continuity with an ohmmeter. Check for a transmission neutralizer circuit. Most of these machines have a neutralizer where when you press the left brake pedal it puts the drivetrain in neutral when you are working in close proximity to buildings or other objects. Verify that it is functioning properly. Check on the pocket control lever for a button to work the neutralizer function. If you have this function try turning it off to see if everything works with the function off. Check all of your fuses and relays as well. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.