Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JD 444E wheel loader will not move in low range.

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD 444E wheel loader will not move in low range

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Piece works in hi range nothing in lo no grinding no noise acts like its in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have looked at hi lo solenoid visually confirmed it moving

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just where to proceed

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Start by checking your oil level and condition. Look for dark and discoloration in the oil as well as for any signs of water intrusion such as milkiness. If that checks out okay, look inside your transmission filter as well as the suction screen at the bottom of the transmission for any signs of metal or debris that would confirm an internal mechanical failure occurring that would require further disassembly and inspection for overhaul or repair. If clean, I recommend you having your transmission pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.