Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Sullair 185H Deere Engine runs fine but not making air.

Customer Question
Sullair 185H John Deere...

Sullair 185H John Deere Engine runs fine but not making air

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 185H DPQ JD Serial ####-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and nothing just happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/26/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

ok thanks

Any flash codes logged?

INSUFFICIENT AIR DELIVERY

Engage Idle Warm ---up Control In “Run” Position For Full Compressor Operation.

Plugged Air Filter Replace.

Plugged Air/Fluid Separator Replace separator element and also change compressor fluid and fluid filter at this time.

Defective Pressure Regulator Adjust or repair.

Engine Speed Too Low Readjust engine speed.

Defective Idle Warm ---up Control Replace control.

the call would be great but I have a client coming in shortly
the engine also does not idle down after warmup

COMPRESSOR WILL NOT BUILD UP FULL DISCHARGE PRESSURE

For compressors with idle warm ---up controls, switch toggle to “run” for full operation.

Air Demand Is Too Great.

Check service lines for leaks or open valves.

Dirty Air Filter Check the filter indicator and change element if required.

Defective Pressure Regulator Check diaphragm and replace if necessary (kit available).

I am unable to do a phone call right now as well. The site auto generates those messages. Check and see if there any flash codes.

everything is analog no where to plug in or a bulb that would indicate that (flashes for faults

Actually this compressor does utilize flash codes. It doesn't display a number but you would count the flashes if there is a fault. Depending on the number of flashes, this will indicate what fault code exists.

where would I find he bulb for the flashes?
that is not the gauge panel. Mine only has air pressure, Hours, ignition and circuit breaker

Thanks for the photo. Look below that switch. I believe your warning indicator is in that blacked out area with the round part that looks like it pushed in a little. From the looks of it, there has been some modifications of that panel over the years. It is possible that the bulb is out or it doesn't work anymore.

Sullar only offered it as a option with annunciator lights

Do you have your operation manual? If not, I do have one.

should have it with me tomorrow
it was getting printed

Thanks for the update. The manual has a lot of diagrams and troubleshooting information.