Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I got an MLT 16 mustang skid steer replace the hydraulic…

I got an MLT...

I got an MLT 16 mustang skid steer replace the hydraulic line on the final drive left side now the final drive won't work right it don't engage or like the hydraulic fluid is not going through it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope I

2/20/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Ok thanks

The first thing you want to do is after making sure the oil is full to specifications, deadhead another hydraulic function and at the same time slowly engage that drive in either direction. Also try the opposite drive. It is likely that it is air bound. The other potential problem could be that the drive itself has failed. You can check for excessive case drain pressure by disconnecting the small case drain hose and running a hose from the drive motor case drain port into a 5 gallon bucket. You would then pin the track or push up against a loading dock or equivalent to prevent travel. Then you would slowly engage that drive motor you are testing. You should see a very low volume of oil coming from the case drain. If it comes out under high pressure or volume it means that drive motor has excessive internal leakage and is faulty. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started