Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a gehl rt 210 gen 2 skid steer, the parking brake…

I have a gehl...

I have a gehl rt 210 gen 2 skid steer, the parking brake wouldn't release until around 174 deg,,, and the machine seem to lack power and drivability on very cold days,, as if the brake didn't release fully...today while moving I lifted one of the seat arms and the machine locked up,,, now its wont move or brake release....I have checked fuses,,, any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Crap its out in the middle of a snowy muddy field ,,,,,Ill have to go out to get ser number RT210 gen 2 gehl

2/18/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Thanks Dan but I release hydraulic pressure over night and the park releases....I got it in the garage going to change out park solenoid...thanks

Thanks for the update. Be sure to verify proper battery voltage and grounds test good with a digital voltmeter and ohmmeter to the solenoid as low-voltage or a poor ground could cause poor response of the solenoid. If that test good and will pass a load test such as lighting a headlamp then change out the solenoid and also be sure that there are no obstructions or debris in the valve itself on the mechanical side. Another thing to check is be sure that there is no internal leakage in the seals to release the park brake. Check your filter for any signs of fine metal or debris that would flag a component or internal component failure or problem occurring as well as potential contamination to the system that can cause valves to malfunction or fail. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician