Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a older -70 model jd350 dozer. Not all rusted up in…

Have a older 69-70...

Have a older 69-70 model jd350 dozer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not all rusted up in great shape. One track wasn’t pulling at all so we tried freeing it by hitting a cement block and adjusting the clutch and brakes but no luck. Tracked it into my shop to try later on and after a week I went to pull it out and track is froze solid will move a inch back and forth and I can see the band moving also with that inch motion. What has it locked and what can I do to free it?

4F3D. 074956T
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you

the gear that drives the final drive from the pinion gear broken

Now time to pull the final drive and begin the repair

I hope this helps you

But it would roll just fine I drove it in my shop where it was parked for only a week. This gear broke just stuck the track like brakes are locked after a week of sitting? I can understand the not pulling but what froze me in my steps after I parked it? And why is the brake band going the inch back and forth with the track like it’s hung up?

Hi

Thank you for the response

My thoughts are when you hit the cement block

it cracked more and then when sitting the broken gear came loose and now when you

try to move it jammed

I suggest opening the case

It tracked just fine least 2000’ to where it’s stored at and parked. That track was in a neutral position the entire time until parked but will open it up.

Hi

Sorry for the delay

Yes I think you are going to find your issue there

Wayne, Journeyman