Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Need help with a 2006 new holland L175 skid steer,

Need help with a...

Need help with a 2006 new holland L175 skid steer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

N7M462455

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just troubleshooting electrical

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will start but hydraulics won’t operate

It’s a 2007 year modelLights do not work, I don’t think glow plugs do. Had a hard time starting this morning. Nothing lit up on the instrument panel. No fuel gauge, parking brake, or glow plug light.Fuses all seem fine
Hello?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

Did this happen all of a sudden on the hydraulics??

The ground cable came off the battery during operation and the hydraulics just locked up. I can start the machine but I cannot unlock the hydraulics. Not lights on instrument panel, no working lights, I don’t believe the glow plugs are working either. Had a hard time starting back when the engine got cold.

Hi

Thank you for the response

did you repair the ground cable ??

Did it come off the battery or the frame ??

The battery, it’s repaired. The machine will start and run just not move.

Thank you for that

Check all your fuses when the ground came off the alternator

put out full charge and may have blown a fuse

I mentioned when I reached out that all fuses are good.Ground just came off battery not alternator

Hi

Thank you

Give me a bit to pull up that file

HI

I am sorry 1 more question does

1) it try to move ??

2) bucket raise??

3) do you hear any noise whining from the pumps ??

No hydraulics work. It will not move. I bypassed the hydraulics for the boom earlier so I could raise to get into engine compartment.

Hi

Thank you for that

The power flow starts at the battery and goes to the starter. From the starter, it goes to one of the large posts on the start relay under the fuse panel. The outer relay. From there it goes to the preheat circuit breaker in the fuse panel. The circuit breaker is the round one. The power to the key switch does not go through this breaker. The terminal, on the, preheat circuit breaker, with the power coming from the start relay, also has the wire that sends power to the fuse block in the fuse panel. This wire supplies power to all the fuses in that block. The 15A breaker sends power to the key switch. Since you have no lights on the instrument panel, which uses the 5A fuse, I think your problem is between the starter and the fuse block. You can pick any place in this portion of the circuit to start your testing.

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

HiJust following up with youDid my answer help you ??Wayne
The start relay is not under the fuse panel. It’s on the firewall. The fuse panel is in the cab ceiling. I have 12 volts on the main post of both relays but nothing on the small wires coming off the back of the relays or the round/semi square relay that’s near the other relays on the firewall. I also have power in the fuse panel to the 5A fuse. I see nothing to resemble a circuit breaker either. Thanks

Hi

Thank you for the response

if you have no power to the small wire on the solenoid

run a temp jumper to the small wire and see if all starts working

That did not work.

Hi

Thank you for that

time to start check all ground straps on the frame, engine

that should have worked

I found there’s a piece of circuit board loose in the instrument cluster. May be the problem...I’ve ordered another panel.

Hi

Yes that will do it not opening a solenoid for oil return

Good find

Hello Wayne, still waiting for the new instrument panel to arrive. Hopefully Monday. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

Morning

OK sounds good to me

Please remember to rate my answer 5- stars

So I get the credit for the question

Wayne, Journeyman