Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Service code 8399.3 04 cat dozer d6n xl. What is code

Customer Question
Service code 8399.3...

Service code 8399.3 04 cat dozer d6n xl

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

What is code 8399.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes topped off oil level . disconnected battery . ck seat sensor

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 3 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I hope this is not too late to be helpful. All experts are not employees, we work from home in our spare time to answer questions and like most places, this is a busy time for everyone.

Do you have the serial number? Sometimes it helps to have the specific number as these machines have several configurations.

How did you retrieve this code? (CAT ET?)

Could it just be a mileage indicator? (The dash can show miles and later serial numbers.)

The most current, highest fault code I find is 7802.

Sorry, I am not set up for phone calls.

That appears to be the current machine hours.

Do you wish to continue or would you like me to OPT-OUT so others can see your question and maybe provide a call?

Ok, I am assuming you are using the dash button to view the codes?

What preceded this screen?

I also see you have a brake light on, is that the issue with this tractor?

What is the complete serial number of this tractor?

brake light on feels like it would not release came to stop while in use gear light on yellow but now light is out but brake light stays on will try to send serial number

To get to the actual fault codes, press the dash [ i ] information button until you see a blank screen. Release the button and it will begin scrolling the fault codes.

The codes should show the module ID first and it will be like 030 or 082 or 113. Then the fault code will follow.

I think these first numbers are your forward and reverse mileage.

Okay not with dozer will try again Wednesday thanks and happy new year

Ok, I did pull up the indicators for you to help you understand what they mean. See the attached image.

However, I will be back to my old schedule and will not be able to help you until after 7 pm EST. If this is a problem, you can request a different expect by using the OPT-OUT the expert button.

We will still need to retrieve the codes to help find why the lights are on.

Okay will try again thanks back wendsday

Thanks, ***** ***** be looking for your reply and be glad to help as much as I can.

Happy New Year!